Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Transportation Part Two

As promised, the second part of the transportation saga is here. Ready for readers and right to roar through the German countryside is the German train system. Deutsche Bahn is both a beloved and despised part of life for all Germans. It is sometimes broken, often late, and always expensive. But those trains are without any doubt the most important vector I have...point A and B would simply be two lonely dots on a map without good ole' DB.

I have to praise DB because I don't want to be trapped here (its a Karma thing). So just keep in mind that my official viewpoint is that I love the trains...I love the smelly, packed, dirty, late trains.

There are many things to...love... about trains. For instance, the times I spend on the train during football games can't be beat. It's like a giant party; everyone is so happily full of beer that the only thing holding them up is the fact that they are packed into the car like sardines. What better way to mingle with the people than to breathe in the exhaust of a full day at the football stadium chomping on some Liver Cheese?

I also adore the train stations. When you have the privilege of traveling with the “public”, it is usually the case that you spend a good amount of time waiting around. There are usually a few fun attractions around to keep you occupied. I try to fill the waiting time with grabbing something really bad for me to eat such as bread with cheese, bread with meat, or bread with mayonnaise. But sometimes its just about making it through the station to your track and onto your train. What you have to understand about the “making it through part” is that the bathrooms at train stations commonly explode. (Please note that the word exploded is used accurately here.)

I actually think I have to end this post here. If I think about this subject too long, my brain gets overheated, smoke starts coming out of my nose, and I make high pitched noises and sudden movements....hey just like a train!

No comments:

Post a Comment